Wednesday, April 25, 2012

knee-nie

Well in case you haven't heard enough about my knee surgery already......

Here are some pictures. Comparing my first few sets of x-rays, to my most recent.
In this set you can see the problem. On the left was before. Both of my patellas are slanted and in the wrong place. If you compare the left side of the image in both x-rays you'll see how it is fixed, sitting in a more correct position.
I find it very weird that I just have two giant screws in my leg. Sometimes I swear I can feel them and I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that is the reason that it hurts so bad to kneel.
My doc said things were looking way good and he was impressed with how i was doing. (Probably because he hasn't seen me try to speed walk/jog). He asked me if I was ready for knee #2. hahaha I laughed and said not a chance. Maybe in 6 months. 

Also, I read a book this weekend that I majorly recommend. 
If you don't follow Stephanie's Blog (nieniedialogues.com)
DO it. 
This book was so good. I read it in two days. I couldn't put it down.
Such an inspiring story full of courage and faith. I think I was most touched by the continual love and support of her family. How willing they were to step right in and take care of things. It makes me feel truly blessed to be part of an eternal family. I think this book helped me to realize what is really important in life. Like my relationships with family and friends. Not what score I just got on my last exam or how I spend my friday night. I would definitely read this book again.


No comments:

Post a Comment