Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Bathroom Nightmare

So about a month ago, I moved into my new apartment called the Branbury. I live with my old roommate, Sharon, one of my best friends from high school, Lindsay, and a girl I didn't know before, Holly. So the first week we moved in, Lindsay and I didn't have any of our bathroom decorations yet including the shower curtain, rugs, etc. We went home for the weekend and brought back the supplies. So late sunday night I go into the bathroom to start putting the stuff in there and realize that the floor is sopping wet. The counter is sopping wet. And there is a leak in the ceiling. I yell to Linds and she gets a spare fishbowl. After the fishbowl fills up a little bit, we notice that the liquid, which we thought was water, was a little dirty and murky looking, but we figured that was because of rusty, old pipes. We call for maintenance and they show up about 2 hours later. They figure out it is from the apartment above us so they went to check things out. They came straight back to inform us that their toilet had flooded...meaning the water that we thought was dirty from pipes was actually PEE!! And it was all over our bathroom. And the ceiling was still leaking. We managed to fill the fishbowl to the brim and had to resort to a bucket. Eventually they got things taken care of and me and linds were able to do some major sanitizing! Great first impression of Branbury :)

No comments:

Post a Comment