Sunday, December 4, 2011

Father of Mine

Well folks--it happened!
Today is daddy's birthday and he turned (drum-roll please).............................45!
Yes, I know.. my parents are youngens. I hear it from everyone out here.
SO, to honor the greatest man on Earth, here are 45 facts you probably don't know about my daddy-o.
  1. His full name is Lee Lindsay Miles. Named after his mom's middle, maiden, and last name. (Deanna Lee Lindsay Miles)
  2. He served his mission in Sacramento, California
  3. He has the craziest diet ever. He basically just eats plain cream cheese all the time. Gag.
  4. He cannot multi-task
  5. He can juggle (i think? ha)
  6. He is passionate about his job
  7. He watches awfully boring TV shows, actually they aren't shows. They are just channels. Bloomberg, Larry King, etc. 
  8. He also listens to awfully boring talk shows on the radio.
  9. I can't remember a time that I have ever been mad at him. I can probably count on one hand the number of times he has raised his voice at me. 
  10. He has a contagious smile and laugh- He won most contagious smile in High school actually
  11. Speaking of laughing.... It is hard for him to breathe while watching Christmas Story or Christmas Vacation because he is laughing so hard.
  12. I think in the 18 years I lived at home my dad maybe was able to sit with us in sacrament for 5 of those.
  13. He is supportive of his kids--cheer competitions, dance recitals, basketball games, piano recitals, etc.
  14. He's a funny dancer
  15. Service is his middle name. Whether picking up the hitch-hiker on the way to tumbling every saturday morning(Dad-what is that guys name? I can't remember) or yard work at a neighbors house, he is always doing service. 
  16. I think there was maybe 1 or 2 total girls camps or youth conferences that he wasn't at since he was in the bishopbric. I loved having him there!
  17. Speaking of which, one year he drove me home a day early from jackson hole from youth conference so I could be home for the tim mcgraw concert and a parade i had to cheer in.
  18. He messed up his pinky bad in church ball and after multiple surgeries he wore a pinky stretcher for years
  19. He's supportive of my plans- school, career, future, etc.
  20. I can talk to him about anything
  21. He's always been able to give me father's blessings, whether for school, cheer, or just cause
  22. In high school I would meet him at Mcdonalds for lunch every week before tumbling
  23. He's dedicated. He gets up at the crack of dawn to exercise. There was a time when he would treadmill 4 hours a day. 
  24. He's always been a huge motivator for me. Especially with my 4.0 and doing well on the ACT.  My goal was to beat him, but he got me by 1 point. 
  25. He's the breakfast and dessert maker in the family
  26. He's the best example of sacrifice. Like when he drove down to provo at 9:30 to come pick me up and take me back home when I heard about Greg. Or buying me a flight out to San Francisco to meet them after the funeral.
  27. He loves our cat Gilbert
  28. When I was in elementary he would do my book reports the night before they were due for me cause I didn't ever read my books. haha oops
  29. He is even more obsessed with Diet Coke than I am
  30. We are the perfect pizza duo. He eats the cheese, I eat the crust.
  31. He always made us get up and read scriptures at 6:30 am
  32. He has a testimony of the restored gospel. I go to him for all of my questions.
  33. If I remember right, he was too scared to cut our umbilical cords ha ha
  34. He's the oldest of 5 kids, whose names also all start with L.
  35. He likes current popular music--ya know... the kind that dad's aren't supposed to like haha
  36. He has a secret crush on Fergie.
  37. He's the first person I go to when I need anything
  38. He let me drop out of AP american history after the first semester because I would come home and cry to him about how hard my homework was.
  39. He's super smart
  40. He is a byu cougar, denver bronco, and utah jazz fan
  41. He's taught me the gospel- faith, prayer, fasting, etc.
  42. He's a people person
  43. When I was younger I loved to work for him-- folding letters and licking envelopes.. seriously like hundreds of them.
  44. His favorite phrase to say is... "be nice to your dear old dad"
  45. I've never had to wonder if he loves me. I always get messages from him telling me so.
I could go on and on, but there you have it. Papa Miles in a nutshell. Love you so much dad! Thanks for everything you do!

Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment