Monday, March 5, 2012

Monday Memoriesss

I've got two memories for today. When I think of them I figure I might as well use them before I forget and never use them again...

First I will start with a shout out and story about Courtney. She is getting married this week, so happy wedding week! I'm so excited for you! We grew up 5 houses away from each other and have tons of memories but this is one of my favorites.

So the downside of having a birthday in the winter really hits you when you turn 16 and they cancel your driving test because the course has too much snow on it. So I had to wait two weeks to get my license.

It was a friday and I remember right after I got my license going straight to Courtney's house and talking to her mom about giving Court permission to ride with me even though it hadn't been six months.. But who abides by that rule anyways?

So that night there was a weber high basketball game and we wanted to go! I don't think we had been to one yet because our parents were too lazy to drive us since we lived so far away so this was our first ounce of freedom and we had to run with it!

So we go to the basketball game and the whole drive I am over cautious.. Like turning on my blinker in the turns of the canyon and everything ha ha so while at the game we find out the divide was really icy and the canyon had been closed because of an accident.

Our only hope now is Trapper's Loop. Problem number 1-- I have to get on the freeway. SCARY! and Problem number 2-- we have no idea how to get there. I've been over it plenty of times but never paid any attention on how to get there! We call our parents, pass the right exit, have to get off and turn around and head back and finally get there.

We are probably half way over the mountain when this big suburban shows up behind us. They start brighting us... I don't know why! I was going the speed limit and there were two lanes.. But they just stayed behind us and kept brighting us. Then we start thinking crazy thoughts like a serial killer show we had seen were they were being brighted because there was a murderer in their back seat that they didn't even know about!

Then we start freaking out, screaming.... I kept telling Court she had to look back there and see if someone was back there but she was too scared.. I think eventually she looked but we were still super scared! The car followed us off of Trapper's and across the spillway but luckily when we turned up Radford they didn't follow.

I remember being so scared after dropping Court off I zoomed up my driveway, shut the garage before I got out of the car and ran inside real fast. I don't think I have driven that road by myself since.. Haha

My next memory is funnier. Last summer Lindsay and I were with some friends in Springville at Alex's house. I don't remember what we were doing but I think we were bored. And Linds, Alan and I were super hungry cause we hadn't eaten yet so we went on a run to get some food. First we tried Subway even though it looked quite deserted. We drove through the drive-thru and waited for someone to talk to us when we hear this ghetto voice that said "we're closed".. haha oops ok so then we went across the street to sonic. I was driving so I was relaying everyone's order to the lady. I was in the middle of Alan's order and he asked for an extra medium drink. I mimicked exactly what he said not thinking about it and carried on without noticing that an extra medium size does not exist. I then asked the lady if they had that size and she rudely said no. hahaha I was so mad at Alan and he was rolling with laughter. That is now our inside joke and we always talk about extra medium sized things.

No comments:

Post a Comment