Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Birthday I would LOVE to forget

Thursday, January 6, 2011.

My birthday. I love birthdays. Especially my birthday! But I swear it is a curse. I don't remember the last time I had a birthday that i didn't cry on. Don't ask me why, it is just a bad day. I thought this year would be the end. I thought I would end my horrible streak. I was wrong.

The day started out great. And I was looking forward to my little birthday party at wingers. Courtney, my girl, drove all the way down from NO. And I was so happy to see her! Love her for driving all the way down just to go to dinner.

So we left at 5:40 so we could get to Wingers before everyone else showed up and left ha ha. It was a really good time. It was a really good turn out and had about 20 of my closest friends from down here come celebrate my birthday with me. My mom called during dinner to tell me that my old seminary teacher had called to wish my happy birthday and I told her I would call her back as soon as I was done at dinner.

Around 8:30 she got a phone call from me bawling.

Someone had climbed up our balcony, pushed open my roommates window, and stole all of our laptops and chargers. 3 being macs nonetheless. I then realize that my ipod was plugged into my laptop so that was missing too. Then not long after I also realized that they had used MY backpack to hide them all in. Which contained my I-clicker, notebook with 3 days of class notes, student ID, etc. Usually I have a debit card in there but i had taken it out earlier that day. lucky? yes. So mr. thief has my life at his fingertips. All of my pictures, if it weren't for my blog saving pictures, I would have none. He has all of my itunes music. Luckily itunes was nice enough to re-grant me some of my purchased songs. He has all of my documents, school work, odds and ends, passwords, EVERYTHING.

I called 911 and they showed up soon after and got some fingerprints. Our house was a nice little crime scene. What a dramatic night. I for sure was a mess. I was crying all night. I was supposed to drive home to Eden that night but i decided I better not. Instead I had a sleepless night in Provo. Awesome.

I am still scared. Uneasy. Paranoid. Etc. I hate it. But I will get through it. Soon enough. Luckily we had 2 comforting guys with us, which I'm sure made us feel a little safer. Thanks Cade and Parker.

Fortunately I have the best parents in the world who replaced everything that was stolen! They are so amazing and I am so grateful for them! I love them so much! We were lucky girls to all have parents kind enough to get us up and running again. Thanks mom and dad!

4 comments:

  1. Such a sad night... and I didn't even get to say bye to you in the morning! But I love our new Brad tradition, I seriously cannot wait for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh Mel I'm so sorry! That happened to us once and it was terrifying. You'll get through it though. I love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mel Mel! I'm so sorry to hear about this. And especially on your birthday! Woof.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh Mel, I'm so sorry! That is so horrible!!! :( but I didn't know your birthday was around now! Mine was yesterday. I think we should meet up this week and I'll buy you lunch or something. I miss you!!!!

    ReplyDelete