Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Lived, Learned, and moving forward...

2010 has come and gone, as crazy as that is. It seems like it flew by so fast but then as I look back to the person I was a year ago, I almost don't recognize her. So much has changed. And no, not very many drastic things, but.. little things. Decisions have been made, relationships have changed, and experiences have strengthened the person I am and have made me who I am today. Here's a few events that occurred this year:

  • Found out what it is like to struggle in school. College ain't no high school. It's hard work.
  • Said goodbye to 2 of my best friends. Zach now serving in Manaus, Brazil, and Christopher now serving in Guadalajara, Mexico. I spent just about everyday for 8 months with these boys and it was hard to say goodbye. My first few months of school were a little hard without them here.
  • Went to summer school, a new experience for me--For 2 months I had 2 softball players as my roommates and they were not nice. They wouldn't say a word to me. During that time I experienced a lot of loneliness. But not soon after that is where I met 2 of my amazing friends that i will be friends with forever. Celeste and Lucia I cherish your friendship! You were there for me when times got rough and I am so grateful for all of the laughs! Miss you girls!! 
  • Celebrated the return of the boy I thought I loved. After writing him for 2 years I couldn't wait for this moment. To be honest, I thought I was going to marry him. But after 3 months of emotional ups and downs I realized who I really was, what I wanted to become, and what I needed for myself. I miss his friendship but I know I did what was right for me and I wouldn't change a thing.
  • Got my first job! Finally after searching for months. Target Team Member reporting for duty. This job has taught me a lot. From organizing my life better, managing my time, and having PATIENCE with mean evil customers who want their drugs IMMEDIATELY. I have the best boss in the world and I love the people I work with.
  • My family purchased the new love of my life. Gilbert. 
Finally decided that Pharmacy School is where I am heading no matter how hard it will be or how long it will take. 

  •  

Got on track for a major so I can graduate from BYU. I am now studying Nutritional Science which includes all of my pre-reqs for Pharm school.
  • Went on adventure to South Carolina to see my girl Sharon. She has basically been my left side since I met her in August of 09. I can't believe it has been that long!! But i loved experiencing the heat, Greenness everywhere, and really weird freeways. Ha ha.

  
Watched one of my best friends get married and participated in the wedding

  • Said hello to some of my really good friends as they got home from missions including my best friend Parker who now lives only 5 minutes away from me and I have the privilege of bugging daily 
 BEFORE Mish
 AFTER Mish
  • Got to go to the temple with my WHOLE family. Thanks for turning 12 Morgie!
  • Ventured to Brad Paisley. Again. A new tradition for me and my girls! Can't wait for next year!
  • Overcame my fear of playing the piano in public. That wasn't a choice. Being called to be the ward pianist did me in for that one. 
Through all of these times there was definitely the good and the bad. My family and friends are always there for me but most of all my Savior was there for me through it all. Through the loneliness, the decision making and everything. I am so grateful for him. For his example. And most of all for the classes I have taken that have taught me so much about him and his life. Thanks for readin

No comments:

Post a Comment