Monday, September 12, 2011

officially an adult.

Today I had to re-register my car. Yes, it was the first time this has taken place. I had to go get my safety and emissions test done at Jiffy Lube. Then type in a whole bunch of numbers online and pay a bunch of money. I don't like adulthood. It stresses me out.

10 years ago? I can't believe it has been that long since 9/11. That makes me feel really old! Can't believe that went by so fast. Wanna know my story of 9/11?

Well I was actually on a houseboat in Lake Powell with no reception and no way of knowing. I remember lots of houseboats were coming out with American flags but we didn't know why. It wasn't till a week later  on our way home that we heard the news.

I remember not knowing the importance of what was happening. I didn't know what the world trade centers even were. I remember that it was still all over the news though when we got home. I remember watching the planes fly into the buildings over and over and over again.

Click here if you want to hear some intense footage. It's amazing to me to realize the behind-the-scenes events and all that went into this. It's really moving. So proud and blessed to be an American.

2 weeks of school down. 13 weeks to go. wow. This is one hectic semester. I hardly have time to breathe let alone do anything enjoyable.

Getting excited for some BYU vs. Utah football... guess who is on row 3?

1 comment: