Thursday, November 25, 2010

Home SWEET Home

Here I sit.
In my ice cold, lonely apartment.
5 pairs of socks on + the Uggs
Sweats and wrapped in 2 blankets
all by myself.
bored.

I just got back from spending the holiday at home. I wouldn't be here if i didn't have to work tomorrow morning. Yep. Good ol black friday. Fortunately it should pretty entertaining to watch greedy mad shoppers from the pharmacy.  It shouldn't be too busy.

We haven't had the heat on since everyone has been gone. Which was yesterday morning mind you. And it is an ice chamber in here. And that is saying something. If you know me, I am rarely cold. I am usually the one that my roommates are yelling at because I turn on the AC when it is freezing outside. I  like sleeping when it is nice and cold and i get to wrap up in my covers. It feels nice. I can't sleep when it is too hot. But tonight is another story... Tonight i am PLEADING for warmth. I am tempted to go drive around in my car  just to feel some heat.

On the other hand. Today (up until now) has been perfect. I was so lucky to go home last night and spend some time with my family. I haven't been home in almost 2 months and it was a much needed trip. I wish I could've stayed longer.

Thanksgiving is such a peaceful day. I've been thinking a lot about what I am grateful for, so here is a little list...

my amazing family
A WARM apartment
the best roommates
a killer job
my co-workers
great friends-both old and new
 the cutest cat alive
the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ
My Savior
the atonement
a living prophet
The Book of Mormon
Books i like to read (twilight series, Hazardous Duty series, church books)
movies i enjoy watching (A league of their own, parent trap, My sister's keeper)
music
a working car
higher education-no matter how badly I hate school
the gift of life
water
electricity
technology
internet
missionaries
church leaders
good health
memories
byu athletics
worthy priesthood holders
a temple up the street
my bishopbric-both home and in my singles ward
my calling-even though i dread it weekly
the pioneers
Joseph Smith
religion classes at BYU
Christmas movies, music, season, etc.
a bed
high school diploma
TV shows i love (glee, sytycd, american idol, survivor)

My list could go on and on... but that is what my gratitude blog is for :)

2 comments:

  1. Mel Mel! I'm sorry you're in your cold apartment alone. That's great you got to see your fam though! I hope you are doing well. I miss seeing your cute face.
    ps I love to have the ac on and sleep in the cold too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. mel-man.. get it? like mailman? anyway, sorry i turned off the heat. I didn't want our apartment to catch on fire. because that WOULD happen to us after all the trauma this weekend. I'll be home tonight, hopefully it is warmed up for me! love you!!

    ReplyDelete