Sunday, November 14, 2010

Never Assume

I have had many instances where I have very brutally learned to never assume. However I think this experience tops all...

For those of you that don't know, I am the ward pianist in my singles ward. Not my most favorite calling but I am learning to love it and be friends with it.

Also in my singles ward there is a boy named Bob*. He is my love. SO cute.

Last saturday I am walking home from the byu football game and he is a couple people in front of me. He turns around and says hi. leaves his roommate. walks around a big group of people to come talk to me. GAAAA

Later that night I was on my way to Maceys with Parker and Sharon and Nick. While pulling in the parking lot, I see Bob and his roommate walking to their car. I try rolling down my window.. not fast enough. So i decide it is too late to say hi..(Can't act too obsessed with him). While we are getting out of the car Parker thinks its funny to embarrass me and he yells BOB really loud. So i am forced to put my arm up and wave at him and act like it was me. He walks about 100 feet towards me to talk to me. Cute right? He totally could have just waved and left. Well atleast that is what Sharon and I concluded. They ask if they will see us at church the next day.. oh will they ever.

Sunday morning we had choir practice. Then I had to play the prelude before sacrament. Unfortunately Bob wasn't there yet so I couldn't go sit by him. Him and Joseph* (his roommate) usually sit on the opposite side of the room than the piano so we are never able to talk to them.

Well I am playing the prelude and I see Joseph sitting in their normal seats and he looks really cute. So i mouth to Sharon, who is sitting in front of the piano to look at Joseph cause he looks cute.  Then right before sacrament starts Bob walks in. Goes up and talks to Joseph and then they start walking down the stairs and TOWARDS the piano. I was dying. They both sat right in front of the piano. The row in front of Sharon and I. Sharon and I made immediate eye contact. I FREAKED. I was super giddy!! So giddy that I am smiling so big and laughing. Laughing really hard. Not a good combo with the piano.. I butchered the opening song. embarrassing. but i was laughing the whole time. and only sharon knew why.

Then about 10 minutes later I realize that they are sitting in the exact place that the sacrament passers usually sit. hmmmm. there are 2 other boys sitting by them... DANG. instant heartbreak. They only moved over by us cause they had to pass the sacrament. then after they were done they went right back over to their usual seats.

Assumption FAILED. how embarrassing.

*Names have been changed to protect the innocent

2 comments:

  1. Mel! Is this Clayton that I went on a date with last year? And that is in some of your pictures?? Or is it a different Clayton? haha I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha the one in the pictures is the one you went on a date with. this story is about a different Clayton.. haha

    ReplyDelete