Wednesday, January 18, 2012

I dare you.

Lately I have been mentally making a list of all of the things that I wish I could do. Something like this definitely makes you realize the small things you regularly take for granted.

Here are some things I'm wishing I could do:

  • Sleep. And how bout under the covers for a double wammy.
  • Drive a car. 
  • walk around campus at regular speed, pain free
  • ride a bike
  • sit normally in a chair
  • Shower pain free
  • Go to the bathroom in 20 seconds. Still takes me about 2 minutes.
  • Lift my ankle off the ground
  • kneel
  • squat
  • play the piano
  • dance like a freak
  • get into a car in .5 seconds
  • so many other things.
I dare you to take a shower on one leg. No weight on one leg. and keeping it completely straight. Let me know how that works for ya and then let me know how your other leg's hip feels? 

Sometimes I actually forget I'm handicapped. Like today when Sharon and I got home and had to pee super bad. Well.. I trekked up the stairs and then threw all of my stuff down and basically attempted running down the hall. Only took half a step to realize that wasn't going to work... Yet another inconvenience. 

Since I've been off crutches I have terrible pain in my left hip and lower back from extra stress on those spots I guess. Good news is I just hit 3 weeks!  Hopefully halfway! We'll see after my doc appt. on monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment