Sunday, January 15, 2012

Inspired

I love when people are inspired. Whether they know it or not.

I don't think I realized how draining this surgery would be.... in every aspect of the word. But especially emotionally. I always feel like I'm on the verge of tears for some reason. Especially tonight when I guess it hit me... My social life has plummeted to the depths of despair. I mean I can't drive anywhere, heck I can barely get into a car. I struggle walking and I have this giant brace on my leg that makes me a complete annoyance and burden. Why would someone want to do anything with me when I can't do anything. It's more of a pain for the both of us. So instead I sit at home alone while everyone else is out doing fun things. It was fine at first. Now it's starting to get to me. Loneliness is setting in. (I would say depression but my mom would take it literally and call me all worried ha ha i'm fine, mom!)

So anyways, I was sitting here wondering what I should do while I was stretching my leg and started to be on the verge of tears... But then some people were inspired. Right as i'm thinking about how big of a loser i am my phone starts ringing. I figured it would be my family since they are the only people that call me besides Parker.. but no. I was completely surprised. It was an old friend. A great friend. Someone I only get to talk to probably once every 3 months. But someone that I know really cares about me. It was Trevor. He called to wish me a Happy New Year. 15 days late... really? who does that? Inspired. Then about 57 seconds after I hung up with him there was a knock at the door. A guy from the ward came to stop by. One who makes me laugh really hard. And then there's my bestie who took the time to text me back and let me know she cares about me even though she was with her boy and becoming official. You know who you are ;)

I honestly know that my Heavenly Father knows me. I know He's watching out for me and taking care of all my needs. I'm so grateful. Thanks to you 3 that were inspired and helped me survive tearless. 4 more weeks.

1 comment: