Saturday, January 7, 2012

two-zero-one-one

Well.. I figure it is time to reflect on my year and I guess share it with ya'll. So here it goes.

  • Started the year out with a bang by getting robbed on my birthday. To this day I still get calls from the people working on the case asking for a bunch of information.. So stupid. Goodbye laptop, Ipod, Iclicker, School ID, and cute backpack. Thank heavens for amazing parents that replaced it all.
  • Spent countless hours in a tent at the Marriott Center soaking up the best BYU mens basketball season in history. Honestly looking back those games were some of the best moments of my life. I'm so glad I got to experience it!
  • I got to attend some fabulous concerts including He is We... honestly one of the best concerts I have ever been to. I sang every word. I love them! Then Stadium of Fire to bring my Brad Paisley total up to 3, and then Rascal Flatts, which was on my bucket list. 
  • I went on two trips to California.. One with Aubrey in May. We went all over SoCal including Newport beach, San Diego, LA, Disneyland, and much more. It was a blast! The second time was with my family in August when we went to San Francisco. Such a crazy, busy city! Places like that make me realize i'm a country girl for sure.
  • Lost my very dear friend, Greg, and through it gained a greater testimony of the Atonement and the Plan of Salvation. Grateful for the opportunity to grow and learn through this difficult time. Sure miss ya Greggor!
  • Did I mention I went to a lot of BYU basketball games? Oh good... cause I didn't miss one the whole season. 
  • Attended the temple weekly for 8 months of the year.... struggled the last 4, oops.
  • Decided to graduate from BYU and found out I'm on track to graduate next spring. Glorious. 
  • Started reading Harry Potter for the very first time. Addicted. Now I understand all of the hype.
  • Fell in love with Modern Family and i'm pretty sure i got my family hooked as well.
  • I had my first real surgery on my right knee. First time on crutches and everything brutal that comes with it. Sure can't wait to do the other leg... not. 
Well i guess looking back it was a pretty boring year. Nothing too exciting or fun, but oh well. I'll make 2012 better! :)

1 comment: